One of the first daunting tasks that confronts most aspiring gamemakers is a simple one: making a character jump and land predictably. If you're gotten to this point and wonder what to do, you're in the right place. This video will teach you how to use Actionscript 3 in Flash CS4 to make your character jump like Mario (or Sonic if you prefer) making your game much closer to being the playable, fun entity that it will soon be.
Download the AS3 files used in the video here.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades