Creating a game using Flash CS4 and Actionscript 3 is a great way to start the gamemaking career you've always dreamed of. If you want a game company to hire you, it will really help if you have at least one simple, creative game in your portfolio. If you want help with this undertaking, this seven-part video series will teach you how to create a simple spaceship shooting game from start to finish. The first three videos cover physics topics like acceleration, friction, and velocity, the adjustment of which will govern how your character moves. The next four cover creating shooting, enemies, explosions and enemy AI. Once you've got all of that, you've got yourself a game!
Download AS3 scripts used in the series here.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades