This tutorial demonstrates how to create what is called a complete client-server web application which consist of a Web Application, PHP, and MySQL. The tutorial shows how to automatically generate the PHP necessary to talk to a MySQL database using Adobe Flex Builder 3.
The steps that you will go through to create the client-server web application are:
1. Create a project
2. Change application server type to PHP
3. Set server location, Web root c:\wamp\www, Root URL http://localhost (port 80)
4. Validate configuration
Note: Mike named the Flex MXML application PHP4. This is just the name of the application not the version of PHP that we are running (which is Php 5) - dumb name choice on my part. Should have called it MyPHPApp.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades