This video tutorial series shows you how to use the Yahoo Maps AS3 API in Adobe Flex 3. This new API gives you the ability to place Yahoo maps directly into Adobe Flex 3. Mike Lively Director of Instructional Design at Northern Kentucky University will be taking you through this tutorial.
PART 1: shows you how to set up the Yahoo Maps API and sign up for a key, and get all the components you'll need downloaded into Adobe Flex.
PART 2 - 4: show how to create the XML needed to distribute the Markers to specified locations. We learn how to split the code screen to bring in our HTTPService command from another Roxane's working code. In addition, Array Collections are discussed. We learn to set our map markers from our Array Collection which has grabbed our XML Data.
PART 5: we grab the custom marker class from the Yahoo Developer Custom Marker Example and incorporate it into our program.
PART 6: bring in a unique image (using a custom XML tag) for each marker and create an interactive button with a drop shadow.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades